The 4th of July is this weekend and for us the holiday usually involves the local parade, a family BBQ and fireworks to round out the night. I’m sure this is also how a lot of other people spend the day as well. It’s a great holiday for friends, family and fun. For the tables this year I decided to make 4th of July edible centerpieces since our family is over run with kids currently. Something that the kids or kids at heart could just grab and nosh on when they felt like it.
These edible centerpieces consist of star marshmallows in two sizes, Rice Krispie Treats cut out with a star cookie cutter, candies and sprinkles for the edible portion.
This is also a great thing to make and let the kids put them together and decorate. Not only does it lessen your work but it also keeps the kids out-of-the-way so you can get everything else done.
For the stands to hold the edible treats you can use any red, white or blue containers that you think will work. I personally used a red, square, bamboo cup and a blue, oval, tin bucket.
- 20 Rice Krispie Treats (homemade or store bought cut into stars)
- 20 small star shaped marshmallows
- 20 large star shaped marshmallows
- chocolate melts (red, white or blue)
- candies and sprinkles to decorate
- Melt the chocolate melts in the microwave in disposable pastry bags.
- Using candy sticks or wooden skewers slide the small star marshmallow on. Then a candy should follow next. Then add the large marshmallow and follow that with another candy. Then add the Rice Krispie Treat to the stick. Lay the assembled sticks onto a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Decorate the marshmallows and Rice Krispie Treats with the melted chocolate, candies and sprinkles.
- To assemble the centerpieces all you need to do is place floral foam into the containers you are using. Insert the completed marshmallow and Rice Krispie Treat pops into the floral foam, adjusting until you are satisfied. Cover the floral foam with crinkle paper in the color of your choice.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Corner Bakery Choose Any Two Pairings Plus a Giveaway - January 19, 2017
- Ginger Bark a Deliciously Addictive Holiday Treat - December 24, 2016
- How To Make Your Trip To New York City Absolutely Amazing - December 21, 2016