This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I bet some of you didn’t know that Keurigs aren’t just for a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning anymore did you? I for one love my Keurig but use it for all sorts of different drinks than what you would normally think to use your Keurig and favorite K-Cups to make. So let me share with you what the best K-Cup flavors for making iced tea and juice slushies are and why these were perfect for me and my family this weekend.
A couple of weeks ago while out shopping I came across a metal swing set that had been marked down to only $60 which was a steal! As soon as I saw it I knew I needed to buy it for my 5, 7 and 10 year olds. They love going to the park and I take them a lot but there are some days where I just can’t take them because I need to get stuff done at the house or I need to work. I figured this would be a great way that they could still play and get some fresh air but I could stick close to home and do things here. Now, as I said this was a couple of weeks ago. The big, giant box was still sitting under my balcony just waiting to be opened up. I came home on Saturday from picking up a piece of furniture I bought and spotted the box and in that moment I knew I was not going to wait for any of the men folk here to get around to putting it together and I was not going to listen the little ones nag about when the assembly was going to happen. Nope, I was going to do this! I was all I am woman hear me roar in that moment!
So I quietly snuck out of the house while the hubs and the kids were preoccupied and toolbox in hand set about putting it together. It started out well enough, that is until I realized that I was going to need another set of hands to help me get the side legs attached but I was being bull-headed and decided to ask one of the kids to help. Needless to say that was the trigger that started what would become one of the longest most headache inducing days of my life!
All of the kids that were home came outside to see what was happening and all promptly decided they wanted to “help”. I should have stopped at that moment but I didn’t. Instead I forged on only to have my daughter come running through and knock down what we were trying to assemble and guess who stood under everything? Yup, that’s right. It was me. After some poor language choices, some ice and bandages the hubs came out and helped me get the legs on. I sent him back in though because I wanted to finish this alone. That didn’t happen though. The kids came out more and lost several screws and bolts necessitating a run to the hardware store. I did manage to get it done though.
When I was finished I was dirty, sweaty, more than likely smelly and I was hot and thirsty with a headache to boot. I decided I needed a cold drink and the kids wanted one too. I decided to make some Lemonberry Slushies for the kids and a Snapple Lemon Tea Slushie for me. They were perfect! Nice, cold and refreshing and so needed after all those hours of hard work.
I love my Keurig! I have what I refer to as the baby model but it serves its purpose and sadly I don’t have the room for a big one. Since I am not a coffee drinker I am always brewing the many varieties of Brew Over Ice K-Cups. You can get a ton of different iced teas, vitamin drinks and even juice. With all of those options your Keurig will become a very handy beverage tool to have in your arsenal.
Luckily for my family I had gone to Walmart earlier that morning and had purchased some Snapple Lemon Iced Tea and Green Mountain Naturals Lemonade K-Cups. With those on hand I was able to quickly and easily make some refreshing slushies for the whole family.
I set to work brewing some Snapple Lemon Iced Tea and Green Mountain Naturals Lemonade in preparation of making slushies.
If you have never used a Keurig for the Brew Over Ice K-Cups then I would recommend watching this “how-to” video to make the best possible drink you can. For best brewing though all Brew Over Ice products should be brewed at the 6 oz. (small) or 8 oz. (medium) settings.
Now on to making the two different slushies…
- 6 oz. water
- 1 Snapple Lemon Iced Tea K-Cup
- Lemon slices
- Brew the Snapple Lemon Iced Tea per the instructions on the package using 6 oz. of water. Pour the brewed tea into a blender and add 1 c. of ice. Blend until all ice is crushed. It will be light in color at first since it will be very foamy and slushie. Pour into a glass and serve with lemon slices ot make it even more lemon flavored. Enjoy nice and cold.
- 6 oz. water
- 1 Green Mountain Naturals Lemonade K-Cup
- 1/3 c. frozen strawberries
- lemon slices
- Brew the Green Mountain Naturals Lemonade K-Cup according to directions using the 6 oz. of water and some ice. Pour 1/3 c. of lemonade into a blender with the strawberries and blend until smooth. Transfer to a glass. Rinse out the blender and then blend the rest of the lemonade and 3/4 c. of ice in the blender until smooth. Pour the frozen lemonade on top of the frozen strawberry lemonade and the two will swirl together. Garnish with a a lemon slice and serve chilled.
I made all of the kids their slushies first and by the time I made mine and had a chance to sit down and take a break it was dark out but the slushie sure helped me to relax after a very long day of trying to be an awesome mom.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017