What is your definition of Meat?
There’s no mystery to meat.
It’s actually pretty simple: amino acids, fats, trace carbohydrates and minerals, and a lot of water combined to give us that familiar chew, resistance, and variation.
What if we are able to take these inputs from plants and apply heating, cooling, and pressure so they combine just like animal meat? And what if you define meat by what it is—amino acids, fats, carbs, minerals, and water—versus where it is from (i.e cows, chickens, pigs)?
What you’d have is meat for the future. Meat from plants.
This is what BeyondMeat is doing with its Crumbles which come in two flavors, Beefy and Feisty. These are a great option for those who are trying to eat healthier, have food sensitivities or who have chosen a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle.
- Beefy – A hint of garlic and citrus makes this perfect for pasta sauces, pizzas and more!
- Feisty – A zesty blend of beef crumbles perfect for tacos or chili!
- Soy Free – Made with 100% Non-GMO pea protein, Gluten Free, and Kosher
- 10g of Protein – Same as ground beef!
- No Cholesterol, Saturated or Trans Fat!
BeyondMeat has drawn the attention of some very rich and famous people who like the ideas and concept of BeyondMeat so much so that they are now investors.That’s right, some of the investors of Beyond Meat include Bill Gates and Biz Stone & Evan Williams, co-founders of Twitter. Those are definitely some impressive supporters to help your company.
I have to say that I was really surprised with the taste and texture of the BeyondMeat Crumbles. I am not a vegetarian or vegan but I am trying to incorporate healthier food choices into my family’s life. The Crumbles were like finely crumbled ground beef and they were really flavorful. I had the Beefy flavored ones which was a lemony, Italian mix in flavor and I can’t wait to try the Feisty flavored ones as well. I bet it will make some great nachos. I made a BeyondMeat Crumbles Vegan Italian Skillet recipe and it is a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal on those busy school nights.
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 c. russet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1 c. green pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 c. zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 11oz. pkg. BeyondMeat Crumbles in Beefy
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large saute pan heat the 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, onions & green pepper and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes begin to soften and brown and make sure to stir periodically. Add the last tbsp. of olive oil and stir in the zucchini, garlic, BeyondBeef Crumbles in Beefy and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine and cover again so that it cooks through. Stir occasionally and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the Crumbles are warmed through and the zucchini has softened. Add salt & pepper to taste. Plate up the food and top with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Giveaway: EVERYONE who enters will receive a FREE BeyondMeat Coupon! 5 people will get Beyond Meat SWAG kits including t-shirts, hats and coupons for Beyond Meat, and 1 Person Gets: a SWAG kit plus a $100 gift card to a Beyond Meat Retail Partner of their choosing.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017