Last night I was baking some cookies for my husband to bring to work today. I decided two types was not enough and opted to make a third cookie but what to make? So I decided to check the cabinets and refrigerator and see what I could come up with for ingredients. I still had some of the Bourbon Caramel from here left over in the refrigerator and I had some cream cheese. Add on the standard baking supplies and some cool gold sprinkles and voilà… Bourbon Caramel Cream Cheese Cookies were born. They are soft, they are rich and they are oh so very good! The bourbon caramel gives it a lovely, smokey flavor that really makes the cookies pop.
While the cookies were baking I decided to glaze them as well so I could add more caramel flavor and use my pretty gold sprinkles. A simple glaze, added while the cookies were still warm allows the glaze to slide over the top and sides of the cookie. The hardest thing to do with these cookies is to wait for the glaze to set in order to eat one. According to my husband these were really popular today at his office and everyone really enjoyed the flavor combination too. So if you don’t believe me on the taste then trust an entire I.T. department.
This is the final post in the My 12 Days of Sweets series. I hope that you have enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed coming up with all of these goodies to share with you. Now I get to take a wee break from baking for a couple of days and focus on cooking, cleaning and wrapping gifts instead.
- 1 3/4 c. (3 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 lrg. egg yolks
- 5 c. flour
- 1/2 c. bourbon caramel sauce
- 2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. caramel extract
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter and cream cheese. With the mixer on low slowly add the sugar and mix until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until each is completely incorporated. Add the flour one cup at a time and mix just until combined. Stir in bourbon caramel.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets and bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes. While the cookies are baking make the glaze. In a bowl combine the confectioner's sugar, milk and caramel extract and whisk together to form a thick glaze. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes once removed from the oven and then move to a wire rack with wax paper under it. Top each cookie with 1/2 tsp. of the glaze and then top with sprinkles.
- You can use regular caramel sauce. The cookies will just not have the smokey you get with the bourbon.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017