Today’s post has been sponsored by Hard Rock Cafe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
My kids love getting to go out just as much as any other kids. I like being able to go to restaurants that I enjoy but that will appeal to the kids as well. I mean it’s not going to be much fun if it’s some highfalutin place that doesn’t like kids or so kid friendly parents cringe when it’s mentioned. No, I like a place that has a nice mix of great food that appeals to everyone in my family but with enough fun and entertainment that the kids aren’t bored with that entertainment being a draw for the grownups too. That’s why Hard Rock Cafe is always a favorite with my family! We get to teach the kids some rock and roll history, listen to great music and enjoy a delicious meal together!
One of the things that makes dining at Hard Rock Cafe so entertaining is the music. Whether it’s a live band performing or an eclectic mix of rock and roll from across the decades their is always music to move you. Throw in all the cool music memorabilia and you have an honest to goodness museum that not only lets you dance but feeds you once you’ve worked up an appetite.
As soon as we walked in I had to snap a pic of my son with the guitar on display in the entrance. That day he was wearing his Jimi Hendrix t-shirt and the entryway display holds one of Jimi Hendrix’s guitars.
I could not consider myself a youth of the 1980’s (sigh… am I that old?) and not want to get a little excited over one of Madonna’s conical bra outfits.
How cool was it to see Bono’s famous vest? Yeah, you guessed it! Super cool! Only thing that would have made it better was if he was there modeling it.
No self-respecting child of the 80’s and early 90’s would miss a chance at a hair band guitar pic. How perfect that they have a Warrant guitar on display in a restaurant? I mean hello, there most famous song was Cherry Pie.
While awesome childhood memories are great. What’s even more fascinating is seeing stuff from or about the legends of rock and roll and there are very few more famous than Mick Jagger. I just love this Mick Jagger statue they have that shows him in his famous strut!
By the time we were done checking out all of the rock and roll history our amazing burgers were ready to be served up!
Boys being boys meant that my sons thought it was super cool that their burgers came out complete with a big, old knife in the middle of them. (sigh… Moms of tween and teen boys can relate I’m sure.)
Hard Rock World Burger Tour
· Hard Rock Cafe locations in North America are celebrating the start of burger season with a menu showcasing international Local Legendary™ Burgers
· The limited-time World Burger Tour menu is available Sunday, May 1 through Thursday, June 30, 2016
· This year, Hard Rock is also offering a literal World Burger Tour, a travel package that takes the most adventurous burger enthusiasts on the road (and the skies) to sample offerings from the World Burger Tour menu at Hard Rock Cafe locations in London, Athens, Buenos Aires and Seattle!
Backstage Burger Pass
Hard Rock gives chefs at their cafes the freedom to create a unique Local Legendary Burger that captures the flavors of their city. This year more than 160 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock’s culinary team with fan favorites selected to headline the World Burger Tour menu. Throughout May and June, Hard Rock Cafe menus* will feature the following World Burger Tour offerings:
· English Breakfast Burger (London, England) – a Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with sliced ham, a sausage patty, a fried egg, a Portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli and served with a side of baked beans
· Java Lava Burger (Seattle, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty grilled and dressed in a house-made espresso rub and topped with lava sauce, crunchy java onions, bacon, melted Cheddar cheese and garnished with a fried jalapeño
· Tandoori Chicken Burger (Mumbai, India) – a dark meat chicken patty seasoned with aromatic spices and fresh herbs, topped with mint mayonnaise and served with a side of cucumber
· Jamaican Jerk Burger (Montego Bay, Jamaica) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with banana pepper rings, mango jalapeño cream cheese and jerk mayonnaise
· ATOMIC! Burger (Las Vegas, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with Atomic beer-battered peppers, pepper jack cheese, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, garlic chipotle ketchup and chipotle mayonnaise
· Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with andouille sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, chips de batata, a fried egg, salsa criolla and garlic aioli
· Greek Burger (Athens, Greece) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with arugula, feta cheese and a tomato slice
· Aloha Burger (Honolulu, United States) – a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with SPAM, Monterey Jack cheese, a grilled pineapple ring with sweet soy glaze, guacamole and pico de gallo
Kicked Up Cocktails to Pair with Your Burger
Hard Rock Cafe has created cocktails that perfectly compliment World Burger Tour offerings. Served in Hard Rock’s iconic mason jars, adult guests can order with the suggested pairing or mix it up with any other burger from the limited-time menu. New cocktails include:
· All Jacked Up – created to balance the Jamaican Jerk Burger’s spicy flair, this cocktail features a mix of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, PJ, Orgeat and lime juice, garnished with orange and pineapple wedges and a cherry
· Crisp Sipper – inspired by the Aloha Burger’s sweet and savory taste, this cocktail features a mix of Hendrick’s gin, Monin Cucumber, lemon, orange and raspberry, topped with tonic and garnished with rosemary and thyme
· MelonPalooza – designed to complement the fresh flavors of the Greek Burger, this cocktail features a mix of Midori Melon Liqueur, Malibu Rum, Hard Rock’s house-made sour mix and PJ, garnished with slices of pineapple and strawberry
· Sweet & Fiery – inspired by the ATOMIC! Burger’s spicy flavor, this cocktail features a mix of Absolut Peppar Vodka, Canton Ginger Liquor, Blue Curacao, lemonade and ginger beer, garnished with a red pepper
· Black Cherry Melonade (non-alcoholic) – created to complement the rich espresso of the Java Lava Burger, this mocktail features a mix of Black Cherry Real and Monin Cucumber, topped with ginger beer, garnished with a cucumber slice and a cherry
Burger Tour for the Roadie
· For those a little more hungry, Hard Rock will bring its menu to life and offer a unique burger experience that takes guests’ taste buds on an international journey
· Hard Rock, in conjunction with global experience agency RPMC, is offering a World Burger Tour travel package that includes stops at iconic cities includingLondon, England; Athens, Greece; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Seattle, United States. This four-stop, once-in-a-lifetime excursion celebrates the cities that inspired Hard Rock’s World Burger Tour
· The World Burger Tour travel package is a private, 10-night trip that includes flights, first class hotel accommodations, ground transportation and exclusive dining and music experiences at Hard Rock Cafe locations in each city not typically available to the public
For more information on the Hard Rock Cafe World Burger Tour or for info on the trip check out the official World Burger Tour website. To find your local Hard Rock Cafe head HERE and for up to the minute info follow them on Twitter.