I am notorious for loving to bake but sometimes I hate to cook. I dislike it on busy days where I have to run here, there and everywhere and just don’t want to have to even bother. That is one of the reasons why I have been trying to get better at using my slow cooker (Check out my attempts here and here.) but even with that, there are still those days when take out is just such an easy option and I tend to fall prey to it. That’s where this recipe comes into my life. I love quick and easy dinners, the kind that you can throw together in under half an hour and avoids wasting time, money and countless unnecessary calories from fast food. It’s a meal that I have the ingredients for on hand here in the refrigerator and cabinets. The family also loves it, well except for the girl child because she decided a month or so ago that she no longer eats pasta or anything cooked with pasta. This dish is Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta and not only does it cook up quickly it is also a very hands free dish. Which is perfect for helping the kids with homework at the table while I cook.
To make this dish easier I buy already peeled and deveined raw shrimp. That way when I use it I only need to remove the tails before I start cooking. This can be a really big help on the prep time. I also like using sun-dried tomatoes and jarred marinated, roasted red peppers since both are easily kept in supply here. I know some people only use fresh but for me I like being able to keep jarred on hand to make life quicker and easier.
- 8 oz. farfalle pasta
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail removed
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 c. diced marinated roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- black pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Boil water and cook pasta while the oven is heating and the shrimp is cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. On the baking sheet add butter, red peppers, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper. Place the pan in the oven so that the butter can melt. Once the butter is melted then take the pan out and make sure that the whole pan is covered with the melted butter. Add the shrimp to the pan in a single layer and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When the pasta is done drain it and the add the shrimp, butter and the rest of the ingredients to the pasta pot. Toss together, sprinkle with parsley and then serve.