I live in the Chicago suburbs as some of you may know. I was raised to love the Cubs, Bears and Blackhawks. It was and still is like religion to my mother. Nobody in my house was a big basketball fan but I do like the Bulls and liking the White Sox in my family would be a blasphemous act and possible disowning would be involved. So you can imagine that this short hockey season was truly amazing for my family and something to go down in hockey history as greatness for the Chicago Blackhawks. This was a team who not only set the record for most games without a loss but also set a record for the longest point streak. Monday night they scored two goals in 17 seconds to come back and beat the Boston Bruins and win the Stanley Cup in Boston’s house in a Stanley Cup Finals series that had already set the record for most viewership ever!
Yesterday, I decided to make a treat in honor of the win. I wanted it to be something that the kids could help with and would like since they cheered and watched the series as much as I did. I decided a bar treat would be the easiest thing to do with them since there is no real cooking, only microwaving. So I came up with Celebration Oreo Bars and they are a yummy, sugar overload that come in chocolate or vanilla!
- 1 package of Golden or Chocolate Oreos (about 30 cookies), crushed
- 1 7 oz. container of marshmallow creme
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 can of frosting, vanilla or chocolate fudge (I like to buy the ones with sprinkles included for this.)
- 1/4 c. M&M minis
- Grease an 8x8 pan with butter and set aside.
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor or do what I like to do and place them in a gallon size baggie and beat the crud out of them with a mallet or heavy can. (Great for stress relief.)
- In a large microwave safe bowl place the butter and marshmallow creme. Microwave for 2 minutes and then stir until smooth. Stir the crushed Oreos into the marshmallow mixture and then transfer to greased pan and press firmly into place. Cool at room temperature or place in refrigerator to speed cooling along.
- Stir the frosting and using an offset spatula spread half the can of frosting onto the bars. Sprinkle the top with the included sprinkles and M&M's.
- Cut into 12 bars and serve.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017