Skip sipping the bubbly on your next romantic evening and reach for a sweet treat instead. These champagne cupcakes are a sweet treat that are a perfect dessert for any romantic evening, wedding shower or Valentine’s Day. The cupcakes look like an unassuming vanilla cupcake in bright white until you bite into them and taste the flavor of the champagne.
Two simple ingredients is all that is needed to make the cake portion of these cupcakes. It really does not get any easier than this. Seriously, I know I’m not the only one who likes to impress folks with food all while knowing that what they are oohing and aahing over was so easy to make.
When you mix the two ingredients together it reminds me of a science fair experiment with how it looks foamy.
The buttercream frosting for these cupcakes is also infused with champagne so the flavor carries throughout the entire dessert.
I just love how these cupcakes are such a bright white! It’s such a perfect treat for winter and the white and silver sugar I used to decorate them with just accentuates that.
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 1/2 c. champagne (sparkling wine)
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 4 c. confectioner's sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. champagne (sparkling wine)
- 1-3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line cupcake pans with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and the champagne/sparkling wine. Mix on low for thirty seconds and then on medium for two minutes. Fill cupcake pan with the batter and bake for 18-23 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy. In small batches and on low stir in the confectioner's sugar. Stir in the champagne/sparkling wine. On low, stir in one tbsp. of the cream. Add more of the cream if the frosting is to thick. Mix on high for 5-10 minutes or until fluffy and creamy.
- Use to frost cupcakes or cake.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017