Valentine’s Day is swiftly approaching next week. If you still have not come up with what you are planning to get or you want to add some little treats throughout the day then you came to the right place. This cherry caramel corn is quick, easy and a tasty sweet treat for any popcorn fans in your life.
This would make a great treat to surprise the kids with in their lunches. You could even put some in your spouse/significant other’s lunch too. Oh, or what about your children’s teachers or grandparents? The possibilities are endless with this treat that can easily be packaged up in a decorative bag for all of the Valentines on your list.
This recipe comes together really quickly. I am talking under a half an hour from start to finish. That’s not bad at all for a homemade treat for your loved ones.
- 1/4 c. popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cherry extract
- pink or red food coloring
- Pop the popcorn in a hot air popper and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in the corn syrup and water to combine. Add the sugar, being careful not to get any on the sides of the pan or it can crystallize the whole batch. Stir with a silicone spatula and bring to a boil until it reaches 235-245°. Add baking soda and stir quickly. The mixture will begin to bubble. Remove from heat stir in the cherry extract and food coloring. Pour over the popcorn and stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- OshKosh B’Gosh Can Get Your Kids Ready for Spring Plus a Coupon - March 30, 2015
- Universal Orlando Theme Parks are One Wild Ride - March 27, 2015
- Easy Spring Bird’s Nest Cookies - March 27, 2015