This month my friends at Wayfair are celebrating National Cherry Month. To make it even more fun they asked several of us bloggers to come up delicious new cherry recipes or to share some of are an absolute favorite with our readers and them. I was so excited to be invited because I have extolled my passion for cherries in other posts on the blog. So what delicious little bit of yum am I going to share? Well today I am pleased to bring you my awe-inspiring cherry pie bars!
What’s an awe-inspiring cherry pie bar you ask? Where to begin, where to begin? I love crumb topped cherry pie, cherry cobbler and brownies!
I’m not a fan of chocolate and cherries together though. This recipe is a brownie base but rather than chocolate it’s got a caramel, cinnamon flavor and oh goodness is it heavenly!
While these are good in their own right or can be used in so many different ways I took them to another level with cherries!
I took these brownies and turned them into an almost slab pie. I topped them with my homemade cherry pie filling. Why stop there though? No, no, no, I went and made it even more awesome by topping it all with an Ameretti crumb topping.
The end result? MMM, MMM, MMM, these Cherry Pie Bars are so good!
- 1/2 c. salted butter
- 2 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 c. cherry pie filling
- 1/2 c. Amaretti cookies, crushed
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9" x 13" pan with baking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the light brown sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. All of the liquid should be absorbed. Stir until you notice liquid bubbling around the edges. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the beaten eggs until completely incorporated.
- Add the flours and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the 9x13 pan evenly and place in the oven.
- If topping: Bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. While it is cooling make the amaretti crunch topping if using.
- If not topping: Bake for 30-35 minutes until fully set.
- In a bowl, stir together the crushed Amaretti cookies, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon with a fork. Pour in the melted butter and stir until all of the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Evenly spoon the pie filling onto the brownies. Sprinkle the amaretti crunch topping on the pie filling.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to completely cool before serving.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017