Peanut butter blossoms are a pretty common Christmas cookie and while I love them and think they are great I decided to change mine up a bit this year. Instead of peanut butter I opted to use the new chocolate spreads available and instead of plain Hershey Kisses I opted to go with the Candy Cane Kisses instead. This took them from the traditional to the Chocolate Candy Cane Blossoms that are a minty, chocolatey delight that are perfect for the holidays.
One of the things I love about these cookies is that they bake up quickly. They are also a perfect cookie for any mint fans out there as these will provide a healthy dose of mint but in a good way. These cookies do not puff up as much as their peanut butter brothers and the white chocolate kisses seem to melt more than the milk chocolate ones do too but that just makes them a lovely, gooey minty delight.
- 48 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses unwrapped
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. Hershey's Spreads Chocolate
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 oz. pkg. Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Additional sugar to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Cream together the butter and chocolate spread. Add in the sugars and mix until fluffy. Add the milk, egg, vanilla and mix well. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined. Stir in the Andes Peppermint Crunch.
- Scoop out the dough and roll into 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place on the baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press one of the Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses into the center of each cookie. Move the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- The dough can be scooped and rolled in0ot balls and then frozen. Do not roll it in the sugar though until ready to bake.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017