I make lots and lots of really good food. People I think invite me places just because they know I will feed them well. Sometimes though, I get an idea in my head for a food and I know it will be great and then I make it and it is just as good as I imagined but sometimes on very occasions I make food that is so out of this world good that it’s what I refer to as moan worthy. I mean you pop it into your mouth and your taste buds sing your praises, your eyes roll into the back of your head and a moan escapes before you even realize it’s happening. That my friends is what happened when I made Cinnamon Cronut Chips with Cream Cheese Dip this weekend. It was magical and I realized that they may be the perfect brunch, party snack or dessert you could possibly ever serve your guests!
The really great thing about these though is that they are easy thanks to starting out with a tube of crescent roll sheet dough as your foundation. The cinnamon coating is just a couple of ingredients and the cream cheese dip whips up in just a few minutes. Frying these little things is what takes the longest and honestly that is only a few minutes for each batch so really you want to make these and serve them to everyone you know and love and maybe even to people you know and hate because I guarantee they’ll love you when they are done.
Seriously, do you see how few ingredients you need to make the Cinnamon Cronut Chips? It’s ridiculously simple in its deliciousness!
All you need to do is unroll, smear, sprinkle, pat and cut and you are on your way.
The Cream Cheese Dip is just as simple with only a handful of ingredients quickly blended together.
- 1 tube crescent roll sheets
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- oil for frying
- 1 1/2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Unroll the the crescent roll sheet onto a lightly greased surface. In a bowl mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar. Spread the butter over the entire crescent roll sheet and sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture over it all. Gently press the mixture into the dough so that it is not just loosely sitting on top of the dough but is instead part of it. Using a small 1" - 2" circle cookie cutter cut out your chips.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a heavy bottomed pot to 350°. Do not let the oil get to hot. Carefully drop the chips into the oil and fry until starting to brown on the bottom. It will be about a minute. Then flip over and cook the other side the same way. Remove form oil and place on a wire rack over a baking sheet covered with paper towels to drain and catch the oil.
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. The cream cheese dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use.
See how all of that lovely brown sugar and cinnamon caramelizes on the fried dough? Yum!
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017