I have had this idea for this cake rattling around in my head for almost a year now. For some reason though I kept either putting it off or something else would come up and it would get pushed to the back burner. A few days ago though I woke up and decided that I was going to make my final tweaks to the recipe and make it and by golly it was going to be abso-freaking-lutely ah-mazing! Do you want to know what? It was spectacular this Cookies N Creme Gooey Butter Cake!
I’m so glad that I didn’t put off making this cake again for two reasons. First of all this cake truly is unbelievably good! Second of all, later in the day after making this cake I came down with what seems like to me is the world’s worst case of strep throat ever. I’m talking I needed steroid shots just to get my tonsils off of each other so I could do that crazy little thing called breath. Then a visit to the ER when it did it again. That’s enough about that though.
This cake is so easy to put together but will have people who eat it wanting more. It’s the perfect addition to a get together, office party or celebration and with cookout season and Easter right around the corner you can’t go wrong bringing this to share with the other guests.
If you’ve never made a gooey butter cake before it consists of two layers. The base layer is the cake layer or in this case the cake and candy layer.
The second layer of a gooey butter cake is a cream cheese layer or in this case a cream cheese and Oreo layer.
See, I told you this cake is awesome! Anything with chocolate cake, candy bars, cream cheese and Oreos just can’t help but be good.
- 1 15.25 oz. box of devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. bar of Hershey's Cookies N Creme Candy Bar, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 6 Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 8 Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 pan with baking spray.
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and 2 eggs on low speed until combined. Press into the prepared pan. Top with the chopped up candy bar.
- Mix cream cheese and eggs with an electric mixer. Slowly beat in 6 crushed Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies and confectioner's sugar mixing until combined. Pour and spread evenly over the cake layer. Top that with the other 8 crushed Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan and then cut and serve.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017