Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and baking some sweets for the sweeties in your life is a great way to celebrate the day. Nothing says love like making someone a gift. Anybody can shop for a card, candy or flowers. A homemade gift though just shows that you took some time and put effort into what you gave someone. Plus, it is always nice to be able to bring a smile to someone’s face with something you made and trust you will get a smile and then some with these double chocolate chip cookie sandwiches.
There are probably a million chocolate chip cookie recipes out there but I figured what the hey! Might as well make it a million and one and share my recipe with all of you too. This is my go to recipe for chocolate chip cookies and when I worked was a treat my coworkers were very familiar with. It has two types of chocolate chips in it and I will only use a high quality chocolate in them. Generally, I use Callebaut Callets. The quality is amazing and since they are flat they seem to melt into the batter nicely and trust me, if you have never had Callebaut Chocolate you will thank me for telling you about it.
These cookies are very good on their own but throw in a chocolate filling and you have something that is so over the top rich and sweet that you will definitely be loved by all that you chose to share these with this Valentines’s Day.
- 1 c. salted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. In another bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Scrape down the mixing bowl and then add the flour mix. Stir just until combined and then stir in the chocolate.
- Scoop the dough out into balls and place on baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes. Removed even if the seem light in color still. These cookies have a lot of sugar and will continue to cook after coming out of the oven. Let the cookies cool on the pan for one minute and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- If making the sandwich cookies, make the filling while the cookies are cooling.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes and then stir until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Let set until it firms up some, about 10-15 minutes. If you use while it is to thin it will run out of the middle of the cookies.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017