Most of the time baking is my form of relaxation and decompressing from the stresses of life but, sometimes the kids like to help me bake or they like to have project time to make a kid’s creation. I decided that a simple and fun idea for Halloween would be to make some festive, seasonal Rice Krispies Treats. So one day while strolling around the craft store I spotted some black and vibrant green colored Wilton Candy Melts and I thought they would be perfect for making the Rice Krispies Treats into some fun Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats for Halloween.
The chocolates were the key to this idea bet then I realized I would need a few other items so I began searching the Wilton Halloween section. There I located some green and yellow candy eyes and some jumbo bug sprinkles. The bug sprinkles came in black and green too and since the actually looked like centipedes I decided that if only part of it was visible that it would work as Frankenstein’s bolts nicely.
These were so much fun to make and the kids had a blast creating their own versions of Frankenstein and then of course gobbling them up. This is definitely a kid friendly project and it would also make a great activity at a child’s Halloween party. You could setup already sliced Rice Krispies Treats either homemade or packaged with bowls of melted chocolate for dipping. Finish the activity table off with pastry bags of melted chocolate for more decorating and candies, sprinkles and other fun items to help create your own Frankensteins with.
Seriously though, didn’t these come out just adorable? They are definitely fun and festive for Halloween but easy enough for even kids to be able to help with.
- 9 Rice Krispies Treats, either homemade or packaged (if homemade use a 9"x9" pan)
- 2 12 oz. bags Wilton Candy Melts, one in Vibrant Green and one in Black
- 18 Candy Eyes
- 18 Jumbo Bug Sprinkles
- Cut or shape your Rice Krispies Treats into squares or rectangles.
- Melt your green Wilton Candy Melts according to the package instruction in a bowl and your black ones in two separate pastry bags. Using an offset spatula cover the tops of the Rice Krispies Treats with the melted vibrant green candy melts. Place the candy eyes. Then snip the ends of the pastry bags. One should be a small opening and the other larger. Use the large opening pastry bag to pipe the hair on and use the small opening pastry bag to pipe a mouth. Dip the ends of the sprinkles in the vibrant green chocolate and press into the sides of the Rice Krispies Treats to look like bolts.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017