Gingerbread is such a holiday classic flavor. Gingerbread cookies, cakes and houses are always standard fare. That is why it is surprising to me that candy cane flavored candy has been around for ages but gingerbread candy seems to be just catching on. Luckily though, it has caught on with some of the big name candy makers. I had heard that there were Gingerbread M&Ms available and I went to a ton of store trying to find them. I finally located them at a Super Walmart only to be taken by complete surprise because, what was next to them but Gingerbread Twix! Add on that there were coupons on the bags too and I was one happy camper. So happy in fact that I knew that these needed to be made into some sort of new creation. So, I walked the baking aisle and spotted a box of Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake & Cookie Mix. My light bulb moment happened and I knew what I was going to make. That’s right, I made Gingerbread Monster Brownies.
Now if you are a fan of gingerbread and chocolate then you will be in heaven because it has both in mass quantity. Since this was made with packaged candy and box mixes it was really quick and easy to get ready and into the oven. I’m also a big fan of one pan baking. No multiple baking sheets or cake pans here. Nope it all goes into a 9×13″ pan and then your whole house smells of chocolatey, gingerbread-y goodness.
Does anyone else have a problem with Brownie batter like I do? You know, you turn into a 5-year-old and want to lick the bowl when it’s empty.
Seriously! Look at all of that chocolate and candy! Now that is a holiday treat for people of all ages.
- 1 box family sized brownie mix ( I used Pillsbury Family Size Chocolate Fudge) mixed according to directions on box.
- 1 box gingerbread mix (I used Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake and Cookie Mix) mixed according to package instructions. Use the instructions for soft cookies.
- 12 Fun-Size Gingerbread Twix Bars cut into thirds
- 1 c. Gingerbread M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray. Line it with parchment paper too if you want to be able to lift the brownies out of the pan. Be sure to spray the parchment paper before adding the mixes.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the pan and spread to even out and cover the bottom of the pan. Slightly press the Twix Bar pieces into the batter. Pour on the remaining brownie batter to cover as much of the candy as possible. Drop spoonfuls of the gingerbread cookie dough onto the brownie batter. Do not cover the brownie batter completely. Sprinkle on the M&Ms.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownie batter has set. Let cool in the pan and the cut and serve.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017