Today, I am kicking off my 12 days of sweets series. We are going to start it with a simple recipe that many of you may already be familiar with. Well, at least with the chocolate version. We love Oreos in my house! If I buy them they disappear, always leaving some members complaining that they got none. The little ones will sneak into the kitchen and abscond with them thinking they pulled one over on us. The thing is though, as much as we love chocolate in this house we can take or leave the good, old original Oreos. Even my 6-year-old who is fixated on all things chocolate prefers the Golden Oreos like the rest of us.
I always see so many recipes calling for Oreos and then I have to go and change them up some so that they work with the Golden ones instead. Oreo Balls are no exception here. I have been making them for years now and I find that we prefer the Golden Oreo Balls. Question? Am I the only one that for some reason giggles and thinks that sounds kind of dirty? I am? Okay then, we’ll move along.
If chocolate isn’t your thing and your more vanilla then I would totally suggest trying these. You will not be disappointed. They are only three ingredients and are ridiculously easy to make. You could always make the traditional ones too and then have both on hand for guests.
- 1 16oz. pkg. Golden Oreos
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 20 oz. Wilton candy melts in white or a seasonal color
- Sprinkles, edible glitter or another color of chocolate for decorations on top, optional
- Empty Oreos into a food processor and pulse until nothing but crumbs remain. Add in the cream cheese and pulse to combine. Roll the Oreo mixture into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate according to package instructions. Using two forks, roll the balls one at a time into the melted chocolate until covered. Let the excess chocolate fall off and then place the Oreo balls onto the lined baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles, edible glitter, etc. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017