Valentine’s Day is done and over so all the flowers, hearts, red and pink are out the window and it’s now time to bring out the green shamrocks and booze to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! To kick off all the glorious fun associated with the celebration of this Irish holiday I decided to make some Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes and to make them even more wonderful they are amazingly awesome and easy to do. These cupcakes are rich, decadent and delicious and have three layers of boozy flavor.
To make these little treats of St. Patrick’s Day deliciousness easy to do I started out with a box of devil’s food cake mix. To keep it on the track of simplicity I skipped the eggs, oil and water the mix calls for and just added some Guinness to it. That’s right people, cake mix and beer and you have ready to go cake batter! Could it get any easier?
While the cupcakes are baking you can whip up the chocolate ganache for the cupcake centers. The ganache is flavored with Jameson Whiskey and makes for a truffle like center to the cupcake. Oh yeah, that’s going to wow your friends and family!
Next comes the frosting. I opted to go with a cream cheese frosting to really take the richness of these to an even higher level! The cream cheese paired with Bailey’s Irish Cream really makes it taste like you’re enjoying a cheesecake taste to the cupcake. Now, combine all of these flavors together and you are going to love it!
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 11.2 oz. bottle of Guinness Draught
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. Jameson Whiskey
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. Bailey's Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix and the Guinness. Mix on low speed for thirty seconds until combined and then increase speed to medium and mix for two minutes,
- Scoop the batter into the cupcakes liners and bake for 18-23 minutes or until they bounce back when pressed on the top. Cool in the pan for five minutes then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Place the chopped chocolate into a heat safe bowl.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan or in the microwave and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add the butter and whiskey and stir until smooth.
- Let the ganache sit until soft but firm enough to work with.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time mixing on low in between each addition.
- Stir in the Bailey's Irish Cream and mix on low. Once combined increase the speed to high and mix for five minutes until light and fluffy.
- Core out the center of the cupcake with a cupcake corer, paring knife or the bottom of a pastry tip.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of ganache and place into the hollowed cupcake.
- Top with the frosting and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Share with your favorite leprechaun this St. Patrick’s Day and they’ll feel like they’ve gotten a bit of the luck o’ the Irish.
Frontier Natural Brands AccessoriesGreen Circle Cupcake Liner 2'' x 1 3/8'' 32 count: K$3.83
Create an instant party with special homemade gifts in our Cupcake Liners. These cute liners make homemade cupcakes or muffins look like they came from a bakery. They're also great for cake balls or for party favors when filled with small candies, nuts or mints. They make a stunning presentation for serving small cookies.$1.99
AtecoDecorate cakes and cookies with the strongest disposable pastry bag on the market. Bags wonat stretch or balloon. Cleanup is easyajust throw the bag away.$10.00
Wilton BakewareWilton Bakeware Perfect Results Mega 24 Cup Muffin Pan$17.99
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017