I love baking up treats with and for my kids during the holidays. I love seeing their faces when they try a new treat and waiting for their reactions. My favorite is always when they take one bite, chew quietly with no expression and then snatch a few more treats and run off exclaiming that they love them. In my mind nothing screams kid friendly more than a dessert decked out with colorful M&M’S®. They just add a level of fun and whimsy that any child or child at heart can relate to. My M&M’S® Frosted Cookie Bars are a perfect example.
The M&M’S® Holiday Baking Minis are what I prefer to use during the holiday season. The colors are perfect and the smaller M&M’S® means you get more M&M’S® in each bite! That is definitely a huge plus.
Target always has a great holiday baking section and I can always head there and find just what I need to create my holiday sweet treat masterpieces. For my M&M’S® Frosted Cookie Bars I was able to stock up on M&M’S® Holiday Baking Minis, Quaker Instant Oatmeal in Original and even festively decorated Glad® products to keep my treats at the peak of freshness longer.
The Glad® products also make perfect containers to gift everyone you know with your holiday creations in style!
There are several reasons why I just adore my M&M’S® Frosted Cookie Bars. First of all, they are of course delicious beyond belief. Second, I love taking cookie dough and baking it in a pan like you would brownies. One of the things that annoys be about cooking baking is the repetitiveness of it. Put a pan or two of cookies in the oven, cook it 8-15 minutes and then do the same thing over and over again until you are done cooking all of the dough. It makes it hard to get other things done during the busy holiday times. One pan in and done is the way to go!
Adding the frosting always adds a level of childish fun to cookies. Topping them with M&M’S® Holiday Baking Minis is just the finishing touch that puts this dessert over the top.
- 1 c. butter, very soft
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 lg. eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 packets Quaker Instant Oatmeal in Original Flavor (I pureed the oatmeal in my food processor.)
- 3 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 11 oz. pkg. M&M'S® Holiday Baking Minis
- 1 can of vanilla frosting
- 1 c. M&M'S® Holiday Baking Minis
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla on medium- high, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stir in the oatmeal, flour, salt and baking powder just until combined. Stir in the M&M'S® Holiday Baking Minis.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting over the cooled cookie bars and then top with M&M'S® Holiday Baking Minis.
For more fabulous recipes and packing ideas featuring M&M’S® Holiday Baking Minis, Quaker and Glad® be sure to head over HERE!
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017