This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoneyForHolidays #CollectiveBias
Holiday season is finally upon us and that means it’s time to figure out everyone you need gifts and hope that your list won’t break the bank. One way to do that is to make some of the gifts you give. It not only saves money but also lends a personal touch and thoughtfulness to the gift itself. I personally love to make food gift baskets for friends and family. It’s a great way to share my favorite foods like Don Victor Honey and a new recipe that they may never have tried before. Throw in little extras like a mixing bowl instead of a basket and cooking tools or other kitchen items and you have a very lovely gift.
This year I am on a bit of a honey kick. I have always shied away from it before but I’m finally embracing it and all the amazing things you can do with it. Not only is it tasty it’s also a hidden gem in your beauty routine too. My favorite brand that I found at Walmart in the Hispanic food aisle is Don Victor Honey. I love that it’s a raw, filtered honey that is not heated or processed in any other way. I’m also fascinated by the fact that Don Victor Honey contains part of the honeycomb in every jar.
I don’t know if you knew this or not, because it was new to me but you can actually eat the honeycomb. Cut off a little piece and serve it on warm biscuits, toasts, french toast or pancakes for a delightful breakfast treat. The honeycomb does not melt but it will become soft and aromatic.
Since honey is a new fascination of mine I decided to start making up some gift baskets focused on a recipe that can be made to showcase honey. I created a lovely Mexican Honey Puffs (Sopapillas) gift basket. It has a jar of Mexican Honey Puffs mix, cinnamon sugar and Don Victor Honey along with some tools to make the recipe along with a recipe card on how to make them.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add the ingredients layer by layer into a glass jar. Seal the jar. Add recipe card to the jar and gift.
Mexican Honey Puffs (Sopapillas) Gift Basket
1 jar of Sopapilla mix
1 jar of Don Victor Honey
1 container of cinnamon sugar
Sopapillas (Mexican Honey Puffs) recipe card printed out on colorful card stock paper
Large mixing bowl
Napkin or dish towel
Shredded tissue paper
Cellophane or shrink-wrap
Ribbon or bow
- Inside the large mixing bowl place the opened towel or napkin and arrange it to your liking so it hangs over the sides of the bowl.
- On top of the cloth place the shredded tissue paper.
- Arrange the kitchen tools to your liking along the back and sides of the bowl.
- Add the containers of mix, cinnamon sugar and Don Victor Honey and arrange until positioned nicely.
- Add the recipe card to the front so it is clearly visible.
- wrap the “basket” in cellophane or shrink-wrap and decorate with a ribbon or bow.
For recipes and more information on Don Victor Honey head on over to their website and Facebook page.
Do you have any favorite homemade gifts you like to share with family and friends during the holidays?
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017