So today is day four of My 12 Days of Sweets and I have decided to bring you a kid favorite treat. It’s another M&M cookie but this one is just plain old regular M&M Cookies that just happens to be super soft and chewy. M&M cookies are always a hit with my kids and I know a ton of other ones that think the same. So find some seasonal M&M minis or just some regular M&M minis and head into the kitchen to whip up a batch of yum!
Why M&M minis you ask? Well you can use regular M&Ms but, and this is a big but. The M&M distribution is not as great in cookie dough when you use regular M&Ms, especially if you are making smaller sized cookies for little ones. If you use regular M&Ms you get maybe a few per cookie but if you use the mini ones you get many more and it makes for prettier and better tasting M&M cookies.
- 1 c. butter, very soft
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 lg. eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/4 c. + 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 11 oz. pkg. M&M Minis
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla on medium- high, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stir in the pudding mix, flour, salt and baking powder just until combined. Stir in the M&M Minis.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls. I use a regular cookie scoop and divide the scooped dough in half. Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies may look like they need to bake longer but do not. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the pan for five minutes. The sugar continues to cook the cookies while they are cooling. This will ensure a soft and chewy cookie.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017