It’s Friday night and on the weekends we like to do family movie nights like I am sure many of you do too. We curl up on the couches, pop in a family friendly movie and eat and snack the night away. With this being Halloween season right now we have a ton of scheduled movie nights filled with family friendly spooky themes. To complement our Halloween movie selections I decided to create Monster Munch popcorn as a silly, ghoulish treat.
Monster Munch popcorn takes just plain old butter popcorn and gives it an EWWW factor. The ghoulish slime on the popcorn is sweet, vibrant green colored white chocolate. The added gross factor of children worms and eyes are all completed with gummy candies. What makes this fun is that you can completely change this up to suit your family. You could stick with the green chocolate melts and use gummy witch fingers and pretzel cats. You could use red chocolate melts for a blood effect and some gummy fangs. Another option is to use black chocolate melts and add candy spiders and bugs. The possibilities go on and on and are only limited by your imagination.
I love pairing chocolate with popcorn. The salty, buttery popcorn and the sweet chocolate work so well together. The Wilton vibrant green melts give the perfect effect for slime.
Yum, yum, yum who doesn’t want to munch on some creepy eyeballs? I saw brains too when I was shopping that oozed “blood” I considered them but I thought they were a bit to much.
- 1/2 c. popcorn kernels
- 3-6 tbsp.butter, melted
- popcorn salt
- 5 oz. colored chocolate melts (I used Wilton in vibrant green.)
- Candy, pretzels, marshmallows, etc.
- Pop the popcorn kernels in a hot air popper or on the stove top. Top with butter and salt to flavor. Cover a baking sheet with wax paper and once the popcorn has cooled pour onto the prepared sheet. Melt the chocolate in a disposable pastry bag according to the package directions and then snip the tip and drizzle over the popcorn. Stir the popcorn up a bit and then let the chocolate set. Pour the popcorn in a bowl and mix in your candy, pretzels, marshmallows, etc. and serve.
Now that you have a great movie snack how about a great Halloween movie to watch with the kids?
The Dark Crystal
The Addams Family
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Any of the Harry Potter movies
It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Do you have any favorite movie treats or must watch Halloween movies you watch every year with your family?
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017