I love the smells and tastes of fall and nothing brings those flavors and smells together like Thanksgiving. With all of the prep and cooking that goes into the perfect Thanksgiving meal it’s nice to have some things that don’t need to take up valuable oven space. It’s also nice when you can get all hands on deck and have the kids help with making some of the food. That’s what makes my entry into the second annual Wayfair Battle of the Pies entry perfect! My No Bake Caramel Apple Mini Pies are an easy dessert that can be made ahead of time and simple enough for the kids to make with supervision.
These No Bake Caramel Apple Mini Pies are fun, tasty and so much lighter than some more traditional Thanksgiving pies. After such a large meal it’s nice to have a lighter dessert choice.
This recipe is easy to put together especially if you get store-bought mini graham cracker pie crusts in tins. If you wanted to make your own graham cracker crusts you could and just use these Mini Pie Dishes that you can find on the Wayfair.com website.
Since my two youngest kids are all about helping me bake and cook in the kitchen I like coming up with recipes that they can do the bulk or all of the work. They love being able to tell people they made something! They really like recipes where they get to whisk. I guess there’s just something fun and exciting about going as fast as you can with a mixing bowl, some ingredients and a tool that looks like a balloon. I’ve found over the years that getting my kids mini or kid sized tools makes it easier for little hands to help.
To take my No Bake Caramel Apple Mini Pies to a whole other level of fun and to give the kids yet another fun project to work on, I purchased some disposable appetizer forks. I then picked up some Washi Tape in a fall color. We then wrapped the handles of the forks in the Washi Tape and then put the forks into the center of the No Bake Caramel Apple Pies so that they look like sticks. This really plays up the whole caramel apple take on these mini pies.
- 1 3.9 oz. package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 c. cold milk
- 1 .74 oz. packet of spiced apple cider
- 1 c. whipped topping
- 6 mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 c. chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the pudding mix and the milk for two minutes.
- Pour the packet of spiced apple cider into the pudding and fold in.
- Spoon half of the pudding mixture into the mini graham cracker pie crusts.
- Fold the whipped topping into the remaining pudding.
- Spoon the pudding and whipped topping mixture into the mini graham cracker pie crusts.
- Refrigerate for three hours.
- Just before serving slightly warm the caramel ice cream topping so that you can work with it. You do NOT want it at all hot.
- Using a spoon or small offset spatula spread the caramel onto the tops of the pies. Do NOT spread the caramel to the edge as it will spread on it's own.
- Sprinkle the pies with chopped peanuts if desired.
- To truly make your pies look like caramel apples insert disposable appetizer forks into the center of each pie. To make the forks festive wrap the handles in Washi tape.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017