I love baking! It is a form of relaxation and enjoyment for me. Even with that though sometimes I just want baking to be done fast. I don’t want to wait for pan after pan of cookies or bake, cool and frost a cake or cupcakes. No, sometimes what you really need is a dessert that you whip up the dough for fast and toss it all in a pan and bake in a relatively short time. Something that you don’t even need to wait for it to completely cool but can enjoy your first heavenly bite while it’s still warm. This was what happened to me the other day. I had the urge to bake but since I have been dieting I didn’t want to be overly tempted and opted to make Peanut Butter M&M Blondies.
I love baking with peanut butter. It always adds such great flavor and being a house full of peanut butter lovers means whatever I make with it is guaranteed to be a hit. I decided to make them seasonally appropriate by using the Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter M&Ms that come in red, pink and white. I also chose the Peanut Butter M&Ms over Reese’s Pieces because they have chocolate and peanut butter inside of them. This gives a nice subtle hint of chocolate when eating the blondies. I also used a smaller amount of peanut butter to give a lighter peanut butter flavor than you get in some peanut butter cookies. These Peanut Butter M&M Blondies have a great peanut butter flavor and are a great dessert to serve to a crowd.
- 1/2 c. butter, very soft
- 1/2 c. natural peanut butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 11 oz. pkg. Peanut Butter M&Ms, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9"x13" pan with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla on medium-high until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder just until combined. Lastly, stir in the 1/2 of the Peanut Butter M&Ms.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and press the remaining Peanut Butter M&Ms into the top of the dough. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove form the oven and let them cool. Cut into 2"-3" squares and serve.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017