With Valentine’s Day behind us it is now time to move on to the next big festive holiday. Next month will be St. Patrick’s Day and it’s a huge event here in Chicago. There are pub crawls, numerous parades and the Chicago River is dyed green. With our large Irish population we like to do it right. Celebrations go on for weeks. So in honor of this fun day I decided to make a sweet treat that kids and adults will enjoy.
My kids had once again wanted to cook with me so I came up with these little gems on Monday since they were off school for President’s Day and we had too much snow to go out and do anything. This helped to keep them occupied and they were so excited about how fun looking they were when we finished making them. Luckily, I had everything on hand already so these were really a quick and easy thing to make. If you are planning on throwing or attending any St. Patrick’s Day celebrations then these would be sure to be a hit.
Note to self: Do not feed these to your children when you are stuck at home with them and will have to deal with the sugar overload on your own.
- 1 box of frosted brownie mix (Mix prepared according to package instructions.)
- M&M's Minis in yellow and brown
- 1 pkg. of Airheads Xtremes Rainbow Candy
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a mini cupcake pan with baking spray.
- Mix the cupcake mix according to the back of the package. Scoop mix into the mini cupcake pan and bake for 18 - 20 minutes. Let the brownie bites cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled completely, open the frosting packet and lightly frost the bottom of the brownies. Place four brown mini M&Ms on the bottom as the feet of the pot. Now frost the top of the brownie bites and place yellow mini M&Ms in the center. Cut the Airheads Xtremes in half and take one half and lightly press the ends into the frosting to create an arched rainbow.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017