Have you been consumed by FORO (Fear of Running Out) this summer? Has the heat and humidity gotten to you and caused you to consume a higher rate of liquid refreshment? ReadyRefresh is here to keep your family hydrated and FORO (Fear of Running Out) at bay this summer!
What is FORO?
Buying bottled water by the individual bottle means you’re spending way too much time restocking at the grocery store. Buying in bulk keeps your shopping trips infrequent, but those cases are so heavy, and big box stores are energy-sapping circuses. With that dreaded trip to the store looming, a sense of anxiety takes over. As your bottled water supply dwindles, you begin to hoard those last few bottles for your kids, your spouse, or even just a thirstier moment. This is a phenomenon referred to as The Fear of Running Out—denying yourself and your family the bottled water they want just so you don’t have to go back to the store or add another inconvenience to your day.
We spend a ton of our summer at our local park pool, the beach, and neighborhood parks. Making sure the kids stay hydrated is a must! Making sure they hydrate with great-tasting drinks without the sugar and caffeine that’s no good for them is my mission as a mom.
A FORO Study was done and this is what they learned
- More than half of all surveyed (52%) experience FORO at least once a week.
- 69% of those surveyed experience feelings such as stress, anxiety and worry when household items start to run low.
- 69% of survey respondents run low on everyday household items at least once a week.
- According to survey respondents, bottled water is the beverage of choice in homes (36%), workplaces (46%), and at school (36%).
- Nearly half of all full-time working parents (46%) surveyed say they ration or replace everyday household items with a less desirable alternative at least once per week, in order to avoid running out completely.
- According to the survey, when running low on household items, food (67%), toilet paper (51%) and bottled water (43%) are the most likely to be restocked first – ahead of items like milk (20%) and diapers (7%).
- Of those surveyed, three out of four (75%) working parents would buy more household items in bulk if it was more convenient.
- According to the survey, more than half of full-time working parents (55%) say that daily errands keep them from spending quality time with friends and family.
Why is it important to have good drink options available at all times?
Today, beverages account for 47% of added sugars in the U.S. American Diet and more than 13% of calories consumed per day. The newly released 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that the primary beverage consumed should be either calorie-free – especially water – or should contribute beneficial nutrients such as fat-free and low-fat milk and 100% juice.
Replacing a single 12-ounce, 140 calorie sugar sweetened beverage with water each day for a year can cut more than 50,000 calories from one’s diet. That’s a lot of calories that I’m sure nobody wants their kids ingesting on sugar.
I know for me, since I have been following a Keto lifestyle making sure I have healthy, carb- and sugar-free drink options are an absolute must! Without them I’d be reduced to drinking regular tap water and sometimes a girl wants a little more flavor than that in what she’s drinking.
Why I’m on board with ReadyRefresh
My husband is a soda junkie and at his age I don’t think I’ll ever get him to get past it. I myself am a water and tea girl since giving up sugary drinks a few years back. (One of my best decisions ever!) The problem I face is that kids are impressionable and if they see daddy with soda and it’s in cans and bottles than can be easily grabbed then we end up battling about why they shouldn’t be having that.
I have noticed that if I have other, healthier options on hand that they will drink those instead. If there are ice cold bottles of water and tea then they will grab that to take to the park, beach, pool or anyplace else we may be headed in the hot summer sun.
Added bonus… with all of the types and flavors of waters and teas I can change up my daily drink routine as the mood strikes me. This is where the video will be embedded.
More about ReadyRefresh
When it comes to your home, you want to feel confident that you are always making the best choices for you and your family, especially when it comes to health. Now there’s an easy way to bring a little more health into your home. ReadyRefresh is a customizable beverage delivery service that provides your family with a variety of leading bottled water brands in assorted sizes and flavors like Ice Mountain (still and sparkling), Nestlé Pure Life, Perrier, San Pellegrino, and Aqua Panna. With ReadyRefresh there is something for everyone in the family!
ReadyRefresh has a simple to navigate website that makes ordering from their wide selection of flavors and brands a breeze. ReadyRefresh also offers great delivery and frequency options to meet your personal needs. They make it easy for you to want make healthier choices. For more information on FORO, coupons and deals follow ReadyRefresh on Facebook and Twitter.
Ready to stop FORO in it’s tracks?
Have you ever experienced FORO? Do you wish to stop FORO before it hits your family again? Then sign up for a new ReadyRefresh delivery service account. New members will receive $50 off their first order which will go a long way in hydrating your entire household! Plus, there’s no delivery fee on your first order which makes this a can’t-miss deal! Don’t let FORO catch you! Get delivery right to your door with healthy drink options all year long.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017