Just a handful of weeks ago I couldn’t wait for the kids to be back in school! I had been counting down the days until I had some peace and quiet around the house to get work done and to just have some quiet me time. Now though activities are kicking in as well as homework for the kids and the tons of travel I have done in the last five weeks with the family (Hello, three out of five weeks of living in close quarters.) and I just have been struggling to get back into the school year routine. That means I have been on the hunt to find things to make dinner time easier on me because scrambling for a good breakfast, ordering in or picking up carry out is just cutting way to into the budget and causing too much stress. As a Hamilton Beach ambassador I was so happy to receive the Hamilton Beach Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker in stainless steel. It’s been a lifesaver for breakfast and dinner! One of the favorite things I’ve been making is my Rice Cooker Mexican Rice recipe.
Prior to this I have never owned a rice cooker but I had been looking to buy one. I had no idea what I had been missing out on! The Hamilton Beach Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker is so unbelievably versatile a good rice cooker could be. The Hamilton Beach Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker allows me to have hot cereals ready for breakfast when the family gets up. I’m also able to make a variety of rice, pasta and grains. What truly sets this rice cooker apart though is that it comes with a steamer basket. So while your cooking your rice, pasta or grains you can also steam vegetables, seafood and chicken. To take this rice and hot cereal cooker to the next level Hamilton Beach made sure to include both a delay start and warmer feature.
The Hamilton Beach Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker frees up time for you. The rice cooker does all of the work for you to make meals a hit all while freeing you up to be able to pack lunches in the morning, help with homework after school or run kids around to activities and sports.
My family loves Mexican food! We have it 1-2 times a week usually and one of my favorite sides to go with it is Mexican rice.
It’s flavorful and packed with colorful veggies that add some extra nutrition for the family. It also makes a phenomenal base for rice bowls.
- 3 c. of long grain white rice
- 3 - 4 c. chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 3/4 c. red bell pepper. diced
- 3/4 c. green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c. celery, diced
- 1/2 c. carrot, diced
- 1/2 c. Spanish onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- Rinse and drain your measured rice in the rice strainer/steamer basket.
- Pour rice into the pot of the rice cooker.
- Pour in enough chicken broth/stock to reach the mark for 3 cups of liquid.
- Stir in the pepper, salt and garlic paste.
- In the steamer basket of your rice cooker place all of the veggies and place over the rice pot.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and turn the rice cooker on and press the white rice button.
- Allow the rice to cook through the white rice cycle.
- Once done pour the veggies from the steam basket into the rice pot and stir together.
- transfer the Mexican rice to a serving bowl and sprinkle the cilantro on top and serve.
- If you can't find a Spanish onion use a yellow onion instead.
- If you do not have garlic paste on hand use minced or pressed garlic.
- If you would like to substitute brown rice you can. Just use the brown rice settings and adjust liquid if needed according to your manual.
Ready to win your own?
Enter below for your chance to win a Hamilton Beach Rice & Hot Cereal Cooker in Stainless Steel for your kitchen!
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Corner Bakery Choose Any Two Pairings Plus a Giveaway - January 19, 2017
- Ginger Bark a Deliciously Addictive Holiday Treat - December 24, 2016
- How To Make Your Trip To New York City Absolutely Amazing - December 21, 2016