Candy canes and peppermint are a staple of the holiday season. I am personally a big peppermint fan. I find the flavor comforting and peppermint is traditionally used to help with an upset stomach. So adding peppermint to a holiday dessert might just make for the perfect holiday treat. These ridiculously easy box mix peppermint cupcakes are sure to be a hit at your holiday gatherings.
The thing when working with any mint flavors is to be careful not to make the mint flavor to far. It can easily go from tasty and decadent to overpowering and to much. This recipe for peppermint cupcakes is a perfect balance of peppermint flavor in both the cake and the frosting. I used Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips for my peppermint flavor. The Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips really adds the right amount of peppermint flavor. The cupcakes are tasty and flavorful without the peppermint being over powerful.
Starting a recipe with a batter prepared from a white box cake mix takes a lot of the work out of these cupcakes. Pouring in Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
The Candy gives the cupcakes perfectly festive dots of red color throughout the cupcake.
Whipping up a batch of peppermint buttercream frosting is a breeze. Take a basic vanilla buttercream and add in the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.
- 1 box of white cake mix, mixed per package instructions
- 1 c. Andes Candies Peppermint Baking Chips
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 4 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 c. Andes Candies Peppermint Baking Chips
- 2-4 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl with the mixed white cake mix stir in one cup of peppermint baking chips. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 19-23 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter. Stir in the confectioner's sugar one cup at a time. Stir in 1/2 cup o peppermint baking chips.Pour in two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. If the frosting is still to thick add in more cream. Beat the frosting on high for 5-10 minutes until light and fluffy in texture.Use to frost cupcakes.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017