I love my slow cooker! I honestly, really, really do but sometimes I just simply forget that I even have one. I have made a home for it on my counter so that I see it throughout the day so that I then think, huh, I should make something in that. Sadly though I still only use it a few times a month in a good month. I don’t know that if in the morning my dinner brain is just not functioning in high gear yet so I just don’t think about. Maybe it’s just another example of how I work better under pressure so scrambling to come up with dinner at 5:00 pm wins out over the easy, non-headache inducing slow cooker option. Whatever the reason though I am trying to get past it and use it more. I know it will make life easier. I also know that we will end up spending less on take-out too if I use it more. I just need to get my mind in the game and do it now.
Last week I did use it one day and I even made a brand spanking new recipe for it. I decided that slow cooker teriyaki pot roast sounded like a great idea and you know what? It really, really was a great idea! It came out very tasty and my whole group loved it. My daughter who eats only a few bites of meat a day and my nine-year old who we almost have to force feed because of medications (they make him not want to eat) both had two helpings. Seriously, if I get either of them to eat one whole helping I feel like mom of the year so two whole helpings was like a minor miracle.
- 2.5 - 3 lb. roast
- 1 c. garlic and green onion teriyaki sauce (I used Kikkoman)
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 10 oz. bag of stir-fry vegetables
- cooked rice
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and whisk together the eriyaki sauce, beef broth and all of the seasonings. Pour over the roast and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Half an hour before it's done add in the frozen vegetables and stir to toss with the sauce.
- Take the roast out and shred it and then place it back into the sauce and stir to mix with the vegetables. Serve over the prepared rice.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017