Whether you are looking for a quick and easy sweet to make for or with the kids or if you are trying to come up with something to bring into the office party or a treat for the big game. Look no further than here. Two of the simplest and greatest sweet treats come together here to create S’mores Rice Krispie Bites.
I have stated this before here on the blog. Rice Krispie Treats are my all time favorite dessert. I know it’s a kid treat but I have just always loved them. S’mores are another top five favorite of mine. Gooey marshmallow and chocolate with the crisp graham crackers just make me think of my childhood. I seem to have a real yen for three ingredient, quick desserts for my personal faves. So that got me thinking. What if I mashed them together for a Valentine’s Day treat? I had extra Rice Krispie Treats left over from another treat that I will have up soon and decided to give it a whirl. I figured how bad could it be? Chocolate and Rice Krispie Treats already taste good together.
I have to say, having the ability to have two of my favorite treats in one bite is sinfully good and makes both the s’more and Rice Krispie Treat more grown up than they would be on their own. So if you are looking for an easy treat this Valentine’s Day make sure to give these a try. You will not be disappointed and neither will whoever you share these with.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 40 large marshmallows
- 6 c. Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag of Wilton Melts in light cocoa
- 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. Line another baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high for 1 minute to 1.5 minutes. Stir with a silicone spatula until smooth. Stir in the cereal. Press the cereal into the baking sheet making sure it is only about 1" thick. Let cool.
- Once cool cut into squares or use a cookie cutter in your shape of choice to cut out shapes. Melt the chocolate in a bowl following package instructions and place the graham cracker crumbs into a bowl. Using two forks dip the shapes into the chocolate completely coating them. Then place them into the bowl of graham cracker crumbs. Cover one side and use a separate fork to lift out and set it on some wax paper. Let the chocolate set.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017