Is anyone else tired of cookies yet this holiday season? Nah, I didn’t think so. Today I had the urge to make some cookies but I didn’t know quite what I wanted to try to bake. My youngest son being the ever helpful soul that he is decided that it should definitely be a really chocolatey cookie. I’m sure this had nothing to do with the fact that he is a bona fide chocoholic at the age of seven. Since we just got home from vacation (more coming on that soon) I had to go grocery shopping anyways this morning and decided that the boy was right and we did indeed need some chocolate in the house. So I decided to make my Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies will put a smile on any chocoholics face! They are a thick, soft and chewy cookie that be a hit anywhere that you bring them. These cookies get baked just until they are set. They have a lot of sugar in them and will continue to bake while cooling on the pan. Plus, with all of the cocoa powder and the two different types of chocolate chips in these cookies the centers while still warm will look like a brownie when you bite into them.
This recipe will definitely be a keeper for you. These cookies are perfect not just for the holidays while gathering with family and friends. It also works for any celebrations. Do you need a little cheering up? Bake a batch of these and enjoy! (Note: I cannot be held responsible for weight gain, thigh spread or needing new jeans.) No matter what you bake them for though these chocolate chocolate chip cookies will be gone in the blink of an eye. Which is good unless of course you ate them all yourself.
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. + 2 tbsp. Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the butter and sugars on medium-high speed. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until it’s completely incorporated and batter is smooth. Mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients in four batches mixing just until incorporated each time on low speed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough out using a cookies scoop and place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017