I realized that I had not done a cannoli recipe for Christmas. Well, I did do one but that was a guest post on another blog. I haven’t done one here though and realized that totally needed to be rectified immediately. Since I also needed some more baked goods for one of the kid’s schools I decided to make some Spiced Chai Cannolis.
I have to say that up until now my Biscoff cannolis have been my favorite. Then I tried these. I now have a new favorite. These or so very, very good! I mean like you could possibly eat the bowl of filling and not even realize it. Best thing though is you can make a cup of spiced chai and enjoy them with that. Then you get double spiced chai! Seriously, if you are a chai fan then you really do need to try this.
The other great part about this is that I found a new place to get cannoli shells. Same brand I always use and at half the cost! Thank you Mariano’s (A Roundy’s store) for having such a huge selection of international foods! Now I will be able to make even more cannolis. Yay!
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese, drained
- 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp. or a 1.2 oz. packet of spiced chai mix
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 24 mini cannoli shells
- Place the drained ricotta cheese in some cheesecloth and squeeze to remove some of the excess liquid. Place the ricotta cheese in a bowl and add the sugar, spiced chai mix and vanilla. Stir until mixed well. Place filling into a pastry bag fitted with an open tip and pipe into cannoli shells. Dip the ends in some cinnamon-sugar, sprinkles or cinnamon infused sugar like I used.
- Refrigerate or freeze cannolis until ready to serve.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017