Strawberry season is now upon us and I couldn’t be happier! It is probably the most favorite fruit in our house and luckily can be frozen for year round consumption. This means you can easily enjoy this tasty little fruit all year round and easily make this Strawberry Creme Pie recipe any time you have a hankering for some summery good sweets but don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen.
Light, creamy and oh so perfect for a warm summer night, this Strawberry Creme Pie is sure to hit the spot and be an absolute crowd pleaser. With only five ingredients and no baking necessary it makes it even better. That’s right, no hot kitchen for you but all the tasty goodness of a dessert that was much harder to make. The other great thing is that this pie can be made well in advance and frozen. Then when you are ready to eat it all you need to do is pop it out of the freezer and let it defrost some and then it’s ready to eat.
Before we get to the recipe I thought I would share some fun strawberry facts with you…
- Strawberries are the only fruit with their sides on the outside and the seeds themselves are also considered a fruit too.
- Strawberries are not actually berries but bananas are and strawberries are actually members of the rose family.
- You should never wash fresh strawberries until ready to use. Washing them actually promotes spoiling.
- If you aren’t a fan of carrots don’t worry, because strawberries do help your eyes by preventing cataracts and eye degeneration.
- A handy tip for warm weather: strawberry juice combined with honey rubbed onto the skin can help relieve inflammation and sunburn. After you have rubbed it into the skin thoroughly just rinse it off with warm water and some lemon juice.
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 3.4 oz. Box of Jell-O Strawberry Creme Instant Pudding
- 1 3/4 c. Milk
- Whipped Topping (regular sized tub)
- 1/2 c. Strawberries, chopped and more for garnish
- Unwrap the pie crust and set it aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pudding mix and the milk for two minutes. It should be somewhat thick. Place in the refrigerator for five minutes. Fold in shopped strawberries and 1 c. of whipped topping. Spread evenly into the pie crust and freeze for 15-20 minutes. Top with the remaining whipped topping and spread evenly. Add strawberries for garnish.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
- I have the most luck finding the Jell-O Strawberry Creme Pudding at Walmart Superstores.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Corner Bakery Choose Any Two Pairings Plus a Giveaway - January 19, 2017
- Ginger Bark a Deliciously Addictive Holiday Treat - December 24, 2016
- How To Make Your Trip To New York City Absolutely Amazing - December 21, 2016