Our school district has treat days this week for the teachers and staff. PTA parents were asked to volunteer to make something that could be brought in and eaten without needing utensils for staff on the go. So of course, me being me, I baked up some treats. The M&M Cookies from yesterday’s post went to one of the school’s today and my church. The eggnog cupcakes that I posted a recipe for last week also went today. The last thing that went to the Pre-K-2nd grade school today was my three ingredient chocolate chip cookie balls.
I know most people grew up with mom’s who baked cookies during the holiday season but my mom was a candy maker. She would crank out pans of fudge, tons of truffles and chocolate bark. So I kind of have a soft spot and weakness for rich, chocolatey treats this time of year. This recipe came to me after making Golden Oreo Balls one day. We had a new package of chocolate chip cookies and I had an idea. So three ingredient chocolate chip cookie balls were born.
- 1 14.2 oz. pkg. Keebler Chips Deluxe Cookies
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 20 oz. milk chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a food processor pulse the cookies until they are just crumbs. Add in the cream cheese and pulse until the cream cheese is completely incorporated. Roll the dough into 1" balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator or freezer to chill. Once firm melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Remove the bowl from the heat and roll the cookie balls in it and place back on the wax paper lined baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles if you would like. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017