This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AvengersUnite #CollectiveBias
It’s a big week in our house! We are very excitedly gearing up for the October 2nd Blu-Ray/DVD release of Avengers: Age of Ultron. That’s right, we are a family that lets our Marvel comics geek flag fly, and fly high. Luckily, I was born to a father who knew how to raise a child right. He routinely took us to the comic book store and shared his collection with us. Now I get to share the same thing with my kids.
In honor of the upcoming October 2nd Blu-Ray/DVD release of Avengers: Age of Ultron I decided that we needed to get some movie snacks in place and costumes to wear that were worthy of the greatness of the movie. Enter my edible Thor hammers and the Vision’s Protein Power Smoothie. Good for you snacks that are better than candy any day.
So to make all of this happen I headed to my local Walmart store and stocked up on MARVEL Avengers string cheese, MARVEL Avengers grapes and MARVEL chewy granola bars in the grocery section.
Then I took a walk to the other side of the store and snagged the kids some fun Halloween costumes to wear on family movie night this weekend.That’s right, be jealous because I will be watching my Blu-ray copy of Avengers: Age of Ultron with not only the Hulk but Thor and Captain America too.
If any of you have seen the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie at the theaters then you know that Vision can do something that nobody but Thor can do. That’s why I decided to pair Thor’s hammer in snack form with a power packed protein smoothie that kids will love!
To make the hammers I simply paired Marvel Avengers chewy granola bars with MARVEL Avengers string cheese. Placing a toothpick through the middle, lengthwise of the string cheese and then through the narrow end of a granola bar half is all you need to make these everyday snacks into something fun.
The smoothies are packed with flavors kids love with an added bump of protein to keep their energy going so they can be superheroes too.
So what do the movie snacks look like finished? Well, take a look…
- 1/4 c. Marvel Avengers grapes
- 1 2.25 oz. strawberry yogurt tube
- 1 c. frozen organic strawberries, defrosted
- 1/2 c. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp. pea protein powder, tropical flavored
- 1 c. ice cubes
- 5 Marvel Avengers grapes, for garnish
- In a blender or smoothie maker combine all of the ingredients but the grapes for garnish. Set those to the side. Blend drink until smooth. Pour into a glass.
- Using a skewer put a whole through the five grapes for garnish. Then remove the skewer and then place the grapes onto a straw. Insert into a drink and serve.
Tell me who out of both the existing and new MARVEL Avengers in Avengers: Age of Ultron are your favorites?
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017
- 20 Beauty and the Beast Makes & Bakes - March 6, 2017
- 10 Ways to Make Those New Heels Feel More Comfortable - March 1, 2017