I have some flavor combinations that I just absolutely adore! White chocolate and passion fruit is one of them and if you follow this blog regularly then you may have seen some of my other recipes with this deliciously sweet and tropical combination. These particular white chocolate passion fruit cupcakes came to be because I wanted to make this cake that I had made before. It’s still cold and snowing here in Chicago (We got almost 6″ yesterday.) and I wanted a bit of a tropical flavored treat. I didn’t feel like making a whole big cake though and decided to make cupcakes instead to share with some friends.
I ran into a problem though when I went to the store to get all of the ingredients and discovered that I could not buy white chocolate cream cheese at any stores near me. Now I don’t know if it’s completely off the market or just not around here any longer but this meant I had to change-up my previous frosting recipe. I’ve changed it up so that it’s now made with plain, old cream cheese and it is still divine tasting!
These cupcakes are so simple and pretty and the taste is light, sweet and fruity. They are the perfect spring treat! The frosting covered in the chopped white chocolate reminds me so much of bunny tails.
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 c. confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 3-4 tbsp. passion fruit juice (I use Goya)
- 4 oz. white chocolate, finely chopped
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until light. Add in half of the confectioner’s sugar and mix on low until incorporated. Scrape down the bowl and add the second half of the confectioner’s sugar. Again, mix on low until incorporated. Scrape down the bowl again and with the mixer on low, slowly add in 3 tbsp of passion fruit juice. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for a few minutes until creamy. If you need to add the last tbsp. of juice. Frost cupcakes or cake and use the chopped white chocolate to sprinkle onto the frosted cake or cupcakes.
- Cream cheese frosting needs to be refrigerated.
The recipe for the cake can be found here along with a fabulous white chocolate passion fruit mousse.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Margarita Cupcakes- a Sweet Treat Inspired by a Tasty Drink - April 23, 2017
- PEEPS® the Iconic Easter Candy - April 1, 2017
- Beauty and the Beast $25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway - March 7, 2017