A couple of weeks ago it was my husband’s birthday. He’s a simple man with simple tastes and would be fine with vanilla cake and frosting every day of his life but me being me I like to change things up for him. Get him to live on the wild side of life. So this year I decided to go with a favorite snack of his as the flavor base for the frosting. He just loves eating pistachios while gaming. I decided to keep the cake part of his cupcakes simple and go with an easy vanilla bean cupcake and instead of an elaborate over the top in time and effort frosting I went with simple, easy and packed with flavor. This easy Three Ingredient Pistachio frosting is a snap to throw together.
With three simple ingredients this frosting is so simple that a kid could make it and make it without mom or dad hovering. In fact, this is now my ten year old’s second favorite frosting.
It comes together in just minutes and is light and fluffy. It’s perfect for those that prefer a whipped cream type frosting.
For me this type of frosting works great in the warmer months because I don’t like eating heavy foods in warm weather. This Three Ingredient Pistachio Frosting definitely will make your cake or cupcakes much lighter in taste and texture.
- 1 3.4 oz box of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 c. whole milk, cold
- 1 8 oz. tub of whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- In a large bowl whisk together the pudding mix and the milk for a couple of minutes until it is completely combined and thick. Fold in the whipped topping being careful not to over mix.
- Use to frost a cake or cupcakes.
Latest posts by Jennifer Wieland (see all)
- Keeping My Poise® Through LBL at the Gym - June 8, 2018
- Skip the Check with These 10 Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipes - June 6, 2018
- 5 Must Know Plastic Wrap Hacks for Your Kitchen - April 19, 2018